Blocked Paragraph

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Blocked Paragraph

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sshreck
    Participant

I am transcribing Workplace Policies like the one attached. Should these be formatted left flush as they appear in print? or changed to indented paragraph format? Thank you for your help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    claurent

According to 1.8.3 of Braille Formats, you would change them to indented paragraphs and put a TN on the TN page noting the change.  I am basing this comment on the fact that the page you sent has ONLY blocked paragraphs - so I'm assuming the entire document is done the same way.

Cindi

sshreck
    Participant

Cindi, yes these documents are all shown as blocked paragraphs, but I was thinking that they are like a formal correspondence. So, I was applying the Rule in Instruction Manual for Braille Transcribing Section 13.10b. Would this not apply to these? Thanks again.

claurent

First let me say that the Instruction Manual is not the rules.  That's what Braille Formats is.  I would not consider what you have the same as formal correspondence.  There is no salutation or closing, etc. My recommendation, based on the Formats Guidelines is to change them to 3-1 paragraphs.

Cindi

sshreck
    Participant

Thanks for clarifying this for me Cindi.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.