boldface variable

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science boldface variable

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Susan Baker
    Participant

Hello!
    In the attached worksheet, all the variable i's are shown in boldface in print. I think the i's stands for imaginary numbers. It is an algebra 2 class. I am not sure whether to use the bold typeface indicator, because in a handwritten quiz covering similar concepts, the i is not in boldface (could be that it was just more difficult for the teacher to produce to boldfaced effect). Would it be better to omit the boldface in this 5-9 Practice page in order to keep it consistent, and to put a TN that the i's are in bold in print but not in braille? Another option, is, with a little effort, I could try to contact the classroom para to find out how it is shown in the braille textbook and transcribe it that same way.

Thank you for any suggestions!
    Susan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Susan Baker
    Participant

Hullo, Susan!

I would say that it is safe to ignore the bold for all of the i's in your worksheet.

The heading of the worksheet, "Complex Numbers", does indicate that the i's represent imaginary numbers. Since there is no indication that the i's represent a vector or anything else that would have to be denoted by boldface, it appears that the bold is used in print only for appearance.

Thank you for the question.

–Kyle

kdejute

Thank you so much for your helpful and speedy answer.
    Susan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.