braille format for a high school diploma

Home Forums English Braille American Edition braille format for a high school diploma

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

I am a relatively new TVI, and I have been asked to braille a student's diploma. I would like to know how to format this document.
    Also, would you braille directly on the diploma, or braille a separate page, just put her name directly on the diploma. This is new for me, so any help is very much appreciated.
    Thank you
    Merle Hughes

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Hi Merle,

Thanks for your question. There are no firm rules regarding the brailling of diplomas. My personal preference when brailling diplomas is to braille the information, centering according to the layout of the diploma, and braille the information on a clear page braille lable that can be laid over the document. This preserves the original document should they want to display it, and the braille overlay allows your student to access the information contained therein. Do you have access to braille production materials? If you need further information, let me know. I'll be happy to help you out!

Jana

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘English Braille American Edition’ is closed to new topics and replies.