Braille formats 2011 section 6

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Braille formats 2011 section 6

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Isabelle
    Participant

Hello,

I have a problem with the sample 6-16 and was wondering if you could help. It is about the second slide presentation. I understand that the slide description is enclosed in a transcriber's note in <7-5> format. However, it is immediately followed (without a blank line) by a note enclosed in transcriber's notes symbols in a <1-1> format. The formats 2011 Errata mentions only the lines 13 and 14.
    Shouldn't we have the note in a format <7-5>?
    Should we have a blank line between the slide presentation and the slide note to indicate that they are two successive transcriber's notes pertaining to two different items?
    Thank you for your help,
    Isabelle

joannavenneri
    Participant

Hi isabelle,

I have conferred with Cindi Laurent, the chair of the BANA Formats Technical Committee and she advises the followsing:

The note on lines 24-25 should also be in 7-5 (like lines 13-14, which are in the errata) Lines 24-26 were missed and now are also in the errata.

The TN could be closed after the word checked on line 23 (and then "Note" would get its own open/close TNs) or it could be left open to include the words "Notes" (cell 7 line 24). Either way works. The word "note" is separate from the TN above it, but there is no rule that says it has to be in separate TN indicators or that it can't be treated as a separate TN.

Hope that helps!

--Joanna

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.