Braille translation for Nemeth symbol

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Braille translation for Nemeth symbol

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kbird
    Participant

Hello, I'm new to this forum and am not familar with protocol here. I've just registered to ask about braille transcription of the symbol ¬p ("not p"). The "not" translates as an asterisk in Duxbury and I'm wondering if this is correct. Thank you for any advice you can give!

kbird
    Participant

Welcome to this forum and thank you for your question. This logic negation symbol meaning "not" is not listed in the Nemeth Code. You may substituted the tilde for this symbol (the tilde also means "not" in logic) as long as the tilde does not appear elsewhere in this transcription. You must explain the substitution in a transcriber's note. If this is not an option, devise a symbol. Explain in a transcriber's note and list the transcriber-devised symbol on the special symbols page.

Lindy Walton

Thank you, Lindy. This is very helpful. I will use the tilde, as you suggest.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.