braille29 font and swell paper

Home Forums Tactile Graphics braille29 font and swell paper

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Does anyone have tips they might like to share re: making the braille29 font behave when it's used with swell paper? I'm using adobe illustrator to create tactile graphics and the braille dots keep coming out way too light. Suggestions?
    Thanks
    Peggy

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

The braille 29 font is used to create tactile graphics that are embossed using the Tiger embosser.
    The font that is recommended for use with microcapsule paper (sometimes called swell paper), is available as a free download from the Duxbury Systems website. Look under the Products tab, then under Freeware, then under Duxbury Braille TrueType Fonts Download. The name of the font is Swell Braille.
    As with any other font, it can be used with various software programs, including Word, CorelDRAW, and Adobe Illustrator.

Betty

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Thanks, Betty. I had gotten the (apparently, mis-) information about using braille29 for microcapsule paper from the ATPC tutorial disk...perhaps I misconstrued it? Your help is greatly appreciated!
    Peggy

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Oops, one more question, Betty: what is the correct Swell Braille font size to use?
    Thanks again
    Peggy

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

When I use swell paper I find that 24 font braille gets it to the right size.

I frequently do graphics in Microsoft Word and then cut and paste braille from Duxbury. I use 24 font bold.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.