BRF and Word to PDF

Home Forums Computer-Assisted Transcription BRF and Word to PDF

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Brendan Goldberg
    Participant

How do I convert a BRF (or B2K) file to the PDF format for the formats test (with the page and line numbers)? And how do I convert my front matter from word to PDF without the braille symbols (on the special symbols page, etc.) becoming wonky? I have Foxit as my PDF reader - do I have to get something different?

Thx

claurent

Since this question is about the formats test, I'm answering for James 🙂

If you are using Braille 2000 (which I assume you are as you mentioned b2k files), you print your braille file to a pdf. So choose the Print button which opens up a dialog box and then click on the arrow next to the "Name" and choose a pdf format. Also click on the Options button in the Formatting section and be sure that the Line Numbers box is checked. That should give you a pdf with the line numbers. At some point your computer will also ask where you want the file saved and/or what you want the file to be named.

Cindi Laurent

Brendan Goldberg
    Participant

When I go to the Print button it only bring up the name of my printer, and no choices to print to PDF. I tried disconnecting my printer but then it just says I have no connection and wont even bring up the Print box. Is this because I am using a blue key? old computer?

How do i adjust so I can change the Name?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    claurent

When you click on the arrow to the right of the printer name does it not bring up a menu with other options? That's where my choice to print to a pdf is. Normally, mine also shows my printer...but I can CHOOSE to change that to a pdf. Let me know. If you can't do this, we will work something else out.

Cindi

Brendan Goldberg
    Participant

It only brings up the printer and the old printer. I have tried to change it but it doesn't work. I have also tried to do this with the file saved as BRF with no luck. I tried Print to File but it comes out as a corel file. any advice

claurent

There is also a webinar from 2019 called <b>Proofreading—A PDF Way </b>that might help!

Cindi

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.