Bullets

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    braillebud
    Participant

Are we supposed to include bullets in Nemeth transcriptions as per Braille Formats 2011?

dworthing
    Participant

Yes, we are to use bullets in Nemeth transcriptions. Check out BANA's website for a summary of the effect of Formats on Nemeth transcriptions.

dworthing
    Participant

Well gee, I did look there first. I must have missed it. Or, is it because, since it's NOT mentioned we then defer to Braille Formats?

dworthing
    Participant

Maybe I'll have to re-think the way things are handled in that document. Basically, if there isn't a comment saying we don't follow it, Braille Formats guidelines rule, keeping in mind that Nemeth format takes precedence when it is specified in the Nemeth Code. I'm going to re-read the BANA document now myself and find out if I need to clarify things a little.

crepemyrtle
    Participant

I read through that document and also was at the Nemeth workshop in San Antonio and never saw or heard anything indicating that a blank line is no longer required between a cell-5 heading and directions. I read the section on directions in the Braille Formats 2011 and saw nothing about Nemeth. Where was this change mentioned? With nothing specified I assumed, as you stated, that Nemeth format takes precedence.

braillebud
    Participant
    braillebud
    Participant

We made the change separately from our discussion about the use of Formats in Nemeth transcription. It had been requested by many (including me) and was posted as stated on BANA's website.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.