business card and email address

Home Forums English Braille American Edition business card and email address

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

If I would like to braille my email address (with a slate and stylus) on a business card, what is the best way to do so?
    Break it up after each .(dot) or @, or slash with an "456and" to end up with three lines of braille?
    Or is it not acceptable to put your email address on a business card?

Francine

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Hi Francine,

Good question! I do not know of any rules regarding business cards and email addresses. I don't believe I have ever seen an email address in braille on any business card, simply because of the limited amount of space. My own cards are brailled with my name, title and phone number. I'll check around and see what I come up with ... in the meantime, is there anyone reading this board that has an answer?

Jana

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

BANA has established guidelines for brailling business cards. The following quote is taken from these guidelines found on the BANA website.

[quote=]Strategies for Brailling the E-mail Address
    An e-mail address should be brailled according to the Computer Braille Code
    (CBC). The opening and closing CBC indicators can be omitted if their use will
    extend the e-mail address onto a new line. When an e-mail address must be
    divided over two lines, try to divide it after the at sign or after a period. Do not
    insert hyphens or continuation indicators to show that the e-mail address has
    been divided. Begin the second line of the e-mail address in cell 2. An e-mail
    address should never be written in contracted braille.[/quote]

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Thanks for your answers! It is very helpful.

Francine

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘English Braille American Edition’ is closed to new topics and replies.