Calculator – Display Characters

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Calculator – Display Characters

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Cindy
    Participant

Hi Kyle,
    <div class="gmail_default">I have been googling to find the answer to one of my braillist's question, however, I'm striking out. I'm attaching the page in question.</div>
    <div class="gmail_default"></div>
    <div class="gmail_default">His question pertains to the calculator, the display column, and specifically, what are the characters following the number 2., and then the number 3, 5 and 7. It appears the character following the 2 is a solid square box; and the character following the 3, 5 and 7 appear to be 2 upper dots and 2 lower dots (forming a box).</div>
    <div class="gmail_default"></div>
    <div class="gmail_default">Have you seen this before?</div>

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kdejute

Cindy,

I opened so many browser tabs! And I finally found a video on "constant functions" that shows an image similar to what you're asking about–That image changed, from a multiplication sign to a division sign, to plus sign, etc., based on the type of function being set as constant. This character seems to be automatically generated by the calculator as a sort of status reminder.

I strongly believe that the character you reference following the 3, 5, and 7 in your PDF is a white plus sign on a black background; in other words, it's a plus sign. I strongly suspect that what follows the 2 is the same character but poorly reproduced.

Thanks to you and to your braillist for asking!

–Kyle

The video I found is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECNsabnKZaE

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.