calculator keystroke

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science calculator keystroke

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Hi Dorothy,
    I am transcribing the manual that comes with a student's calculator, and I have two questions I am hoping you can help with.

1. If you look at the attachment where I have the first two arrows drawn, do I enclose these in the calculator keystrokes opening and closing, AND ALSO enclose it in brackets as shown? This is how all of the keystrokes are shown throughout the manual.
    2. How would you suggest I present the 3rd key I have highlighted with an arrow, the [F left arrow right arrow D]. These arrow heads do not have a shaft connecting them.

Thank you very much.
    Susan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

1. The brackets are the indicator that this is a keystroke. You would not need to include them -- just use the symbols for keystroke and termination. A note on the TN page could notify the reader that the keystrokes are enclosed in brackets in print.

2. If you look at example (7) in the keystroke update to the Nemeth Code (2007) you will see a similar situation, except the arrowheads are one above the other. A short shaft is used in that example. A multipurpose indicator is required between the two arrows to indicate that they are printed horizontally and not vertically. §149

[braille]$k,f$[3"$3o,d]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.