calculator

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mczepyha
    Participant

How do I present this calculator number when the E stands for exponent 1.263996E¯10 (that's a negative 10, the minus sign is in the superscript position). I tried dot 5, minus 10 with and without number indicator but nothing looked clear. thanks

kdejute

Good morning!

Would it be possible for you to share an image of the print that inspired this question? I'm afraid I do not quite understand what the calculator keys you're asking about look like.

In the absence of any image of the print, please consider the following.

Here are a few constructions that might work (without seeing the print, I can't say for sure which is correct).

If "E" is contained in a calculator key shape:
    1.263996[E]-10
    [simbraille]#1.263996$k,e]^-"10[/simbraille]

If both "E" and the "superscript minus" are contained in calculator key shapes:
    1.263996[E][-]10
    [simbraille]#1.263996$k,e]$k^-"]10[/simbraille]

If both "E" and "(superscript minus)10" are contained in calculator key shapes:
    1.263996[E][-10]
    [simbraille]#1.263996$k,e]$k^-"10][/simbraille]

Regardless of which of the above you use, please remember that the actual shape(s) used for calculator keys should be specified on the Transcriber's Notes page. And please do not hesitate to let me know if you have further questions or concerns.

–Kyle
    edited by kdejute on 8/11/2015

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.