Centering Running Heads

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Centering Running Heads

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lynnette
    Participant

I am mentoring a student who got his manuscript back and one of the concerns was the running head. My reading for the centering is that the running head is centered within the 40 cells as long as there are 3 blank cells before the page numbering. I think the proofreader's thought is that the centering is based on the cells remaining after the page number has been inserted minus the three blank cells.

Lynnette

claurent

Sorry for the delay in responding.  I'm never quite sure how to answer these types of questions as I am not a part of the NLS program.  However, I can tell you that the heading should be centered on a 40 cell line (leaving at least 3 spaces on either side of the heading).  This item IS one of the items up for discussion in our errata process (which has started) for BF.  Not to change it, but to clarify it.

Cindi

Lynnette
    Participant

Thanks, Cindi.  That's is what I told the student and he will have to take care of it from there.

Lynnette

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.