chapter titles

Home Forums English Braille American Edition chapter titles

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

I taught the literary Braille course this past year, and my students are now beginning to prepare their manuscripts. A question has come up about the chapter titles.

Section 19.6 states: "If any chapter heading in a book is too long to be placed on the same line with the chapter number, then all chapters should have the chapter number centered on one line and the chapter title centered on the next."

This statement is very clear when applied to a whole book being transcribed. However, for the manuscript, only part of the book is being transcribed. Should the above statement from the manual be applied only to the 35 Braille pages in the manuscript, or the whole book? That is, if the last chapter title of a book is very long and will not fit on the same Braille line as the chapter number, but this section will not appear in the manuscript, should all the chapter titles in the manuscript be placed on the line below the chapter number? The manual doesn't seem to address this question.

Thank you

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh my! So sorry this took so long to get answered!!
    Any questions or clarification of anything relating to the manuscript submittal should really be submitted to Jennifer Dunnam at NFB [url=mailto:transcribers@nfb.org][color=windowtext]transcribers@nfb.org[/color][/url]
    Sorry I could not be of more help,
    Saralyn

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘English Braille American Edition’ is closed to new topics and replies.