Chemical Notation

Home Forums Tactile Graphics Chemical Notation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Dear Expert,

I have a UEB Technical Chemistry graphic that I have extended across facing pages, however; the graphic extends beyond the available space. In BANA-1997 Braille Code for Chemical Notation, I see that runovers have a location identifier. In this instance, The runover is one the facing page (indicated by the yellow arrow), is an location identifier appropriate to use in this instance?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Donald Winiecki

Dear Grafton Braille Service Center,

Thank you for the detailed question!

Our experts are researching this issue for you. We will post a reply when our research is complete.

Donald Winiecki

Grafton Braille Service Center,

Would you please post here a copy of the print image you are transcribing into Chemical Notation? This will help us substantially in our research.

Lindy Walton

Hello. I apologize for the delay in my response. I have been away.

The sample pages you sent are in UEB. If you are transcribing technical material in UEB, you should not be following the rules in the Braille Code for Chemical Notation -- that resource is an adjunct to the Nemeth Code.

I am not at all an expert in UEB technical. I suggest that you post your question to the UEB Technical thread. Please include an image of the print for this chemical diagram. The best advice can be given when the print is shared.

Thank you for your question. I will learn something when I read the reply.

- Lindy Walton

kdejute

I would love to see the print from this question!

–Kyle DeJute (Chair of NBA's UEB Technical Material Committee)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.