Chemistry in a Literary code science book?

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Chemistry in a Literary code science book?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    brlbyrussell
    Participant

I am transcribing an 8th grade science book (700 or so print pages). Print page 118, 160, and about 20 ish other print pages have chemical notation.

Do I TNBegin Chemical Braille CodeTN and present the paragraph et al in chemistry code?

Or would it be acceptable to add to the tn page "Portions of this volume are transcribed according to the Braille Code for Chemical Notation 1977. Abbreviations to chemical symbols (element names) and all molecules and chemical formulas are written in Chemical Notation." Meaning (Th) on page 135 would be [braille](,th) and (S), on another page would be [braille](,S),.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    dworthing
    Participant

I am checking with someone with knowledge of Chemistry Code. My opinion is that it would be better to put a note at the location, in addition to the TN page explanation. Otherwise it might be difficult to recognize exactly where the Chemistry Code is being applied. Wait for further comment on the question. Dorothy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.