Color Bullets in Glossary

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Color Bullets in Glossary

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kathys Dots
    Participant

Please advise me on how I would braille the colored dots before the Vocabulary words. Would I follow print for the entry then manually insert my guide word OR would I list the entry and move the dot to after the entry word?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    joannavenneri
    Participant

I am not clear about what you are asking about. Are you asking about ths actual glossary? Does the actual glossary include these colored bullets? Or are you asking about how to do this particular page with the boxes and the arrows? Or did you add the boxes with the arrows? Or are you asking about just colored bullets? How would I tell that?

What is the question here? Please let us know and I'll try to help.

--Joanna

joannavenneri
    Participant

Joanna,
    The entire Glossary is presented this way. I have a colored dot before every word.

Kathys Dots
    Participant

I'm not concerned about the colored bullet. That is easy but I can't address until I understand this further. You also mentioned guide words. The concern here is the BOXES and the ARROWS. Does every page of the glossary also have those? THIS is what makes the difference in formatting this, especially in regard to guide words. As soon as you can help me understand that, I can make a suggestion about the colored bullets.

Are these boxes and arrows also on every page of the glossary?

--Joanna

Kathys Dots
    Participant

I have attached a copy of the glossay page.

joannavenneri
    Participant

Thank you! That's what I meant. I thought the boxes and arrows were on the actual print page and now I see you added that to explain the meaning of the bullets.

Even though these look like bullets, the text identifies them as dots, and that should usage should be followed in braille. I would think of these as icons which the transcriber creates with a shape indicator, rather than bullets. You might want to label these yd for yellow dot, etc. Place them as in print, preceding the entry followed by a space. List the icons in special symbols. Transcribe the boxed material at the top of the page, right after main heading, so the reader will have that information. If the box is repeated on every print page, I would NOT repeat it in braille, unless the information in that box changes, which is unlikely.

Do not use the dots in guide words. Transcribe guide words as if the dots weren't there at all.

--Joanna

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.