Commenting out code in Duxbury

Home Forums Computer-Assisted Transcription Commenting out code in Duxbury

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Laird
    Participant

Does anyone know if there is a way to "comment out" code in Duxbury dxp files? In other programming languages (ex: Python) you are able to comment out code so that the block of code/text is still in the file, but the program will skip over the section of code that has been commented out when you run the program.

My purpose in doing this would be to leave notes in the dxp (for other transcribers or folks who may run files that I have created in the future) instead of having an extra file of notes explaining how to produce/output the file. This way, any notes I want to include would not translate to braille when creating the dxb/be embossed when sending to the embosser.

James Williams

After conferring with the committee and reaching out to Duxbury, the closest thing to a comment placed in the text would follow the tilde in the [idle~] code. Since no spaces are allowed within codes, you would have to separate each word with an underscore. For example, if you wanted your comment to read, "text to be deleted," then the code would be entered as [idle~text_to_be_deleted].

Also, there does not seem to be a limit as to the length of the text following the idle code. Therefore, you could write your code with the words unspaced and using title case, as in [idle~25Lines38CellsInterpointEmbossBraillo].

When the DXP is translated to a DXB, the text within the code does not appear within the braille document. You will have to include spacing around the code, otherwise your braille text will run together since the translator ignores the [idle] command.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.