Computer

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Computer

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Hi, I have been trying to get some assistance with questions on computer transcription. I may have posted in the wrong area. Maybe you can help me. We have computer books. In these books, we are trying to make a decision about what is actually embedded computer code. I am attaching a page. I think we have the displayed computer down but in reading the manual and some old NBA courses, it looks like any lingo that has to do with programming, such as RAM and ROD are embedded. When we have IF, PRINTF, RAND, etc. we are just not positive if these need to be embedded. Any help you could give would really be appreciated. Clm

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

IN the page I attached, it talks about STEP, and #define. I think these are all computer lingo that need to be embedded but am not certain. Thanks

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

I think you would get a much better answer if you posted this on the Math, Science, and Computer forum. I have to look up everything I do for a book in computerese.

dworthing
    Participant

I posted a week ago but no reply. I will just go with my judgment on this one. Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Given my limited experience with CBC I would agree with you.

Lynnette
    Participant

On pages 17-18 in The Computer Code Manual there is an example and an explanation that I think will answer your question nicely. The example shows ROM to RAM in an explanatory portion of text. It's been brailled in Computer Code and the explanation given says that ROM and RAM are part of a discussion of text editing .... I think your example is similar in that your example uses terms that are actually used in the computer programming language. They are in a different typeface which sets them apart from the narrative text.

Another example in the Computer Code Manual is in Section 1: Guidelines for Identifying Computer Notation. Page 6 section 1.7 talks about words and/or symbols thay may not make sense in the context of the primary code being used. The example LPRINT is brailled in Computer Code.

According to these sections in the Computer Code Manual, it looks like you would be correct to treat the terms getchar and putchar as embedded Computer Code.

I hope this helps
    Saralyn

Lynnette
    Participant

By now you will have noticed that both Saralyn and I have answered you, and I hope have helped especially Saralyn. Your non-answer to the other forum is being looked into.

Lynnette

Lynnette
    Participant

Hi. This is Dorothy. I apologize. I thought our answer to your question in the math forum had been posted. It was the same as the answer in this forum. I'm sorry we held you up by not answering.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.