Decimal in Column Heading

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Decimal in Column Heading

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ricia2001
    Participant

Hello. I am trying to determine the best place to braille the decimal point that appears on my attachment between column heading "Ones" and "Tenths". I am truly stumped. I also have instances where this same table has no entries and is blank for the student to do their work. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,
    Patty

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    ricia2001
    Participant

My opinion is that it would be best to omit the decimal point in the diagram. The labels --Ones, Tenths, Hundredths-- get the point across. Trying to include the decimal in braille seems like it would be a distraction. HOWEVER, following the Tactile Graphics Guidelines, your layout probably will not be in table form. If you are showing the table vertically, you could insert the word ..decimal.. (enclosed in transcriber's notes symbols) between the Ones groupings and the Tenths groupings.

Regarding the blank tables for students to do their work, I expect in the classroom they will be working with counting blocks. ..Ask your teacher... would be an appropriate TN here.

Lindy Walton

Thank you, Lindy. As always a great help!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.