Dedication Pages

Home Forums English Braille American Edition Dedication Pages

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Janice Taylor
    Participant

Good Morning, I am working on a book that is a compilation of 6 individual books. The ISBN is for the compilation not for each individual book. The pages are numbered and there is a Table of Contents. 5 of the books have a dedication. I am unsure how to place the dedications in the book. Normally this would be the first preliminary page . Should all 5 be placed behind the title page numbered in the order they appear in the book with that individual books title on each page? I appreciate your time in helping me with this.

Janice

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Janice,
    Thank you for your question.
    This is really a Formats Manual question, but I think I can steer you in the right direction.
    The only reference I can find to multiple print books in a single braille volume is in the 2011 Braille Formats manual.

Sect. 2.2.1c Several titles of a series may be bound together by the publisher, with individual title pages, ISBNs, etc. A title page, and a second title page if necessary, is inserted before the beginning of each title. Each new title page begins with braille page t1.

I can't find anything that refers to dedication pages specifically, but since the above reference directs us to insert the title page before the beginning of each new title, it would make sense to do the same with the dedication pages.

--Saralyn

Janice Taylor
    Participant

Thank you Saralyn,
    I had seen that reference but because it did not mention dedications I balked. Another reason was that this compilation is under one ISBN. In your opinion will that make a difference?
    Janice

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘English Braille American Edition’ is closed to new topics and replies.