double number lines

Home Forums Tactile Graphics double number lines

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Susan Baker
    Participant

Good afternoon,

Please look at the attachment showing a double number line.  Can you recommend how you would transcribe this?  If your recommendation is to follow the print layout, would it be necessary to place a numeric indicator on the numbers above the top portion? I am looking at Guideline 6.5.1.1 but wasn't sure if this applied to double number lines.  I am concerned that if I need to put a numeric indicator preceding each number on the top, I may have to divide the number line to allow it to fit.

Thank you.

Susan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Donald Winiecki

I don’t have access to the handbook at present, but I wonder if it is allowable to use the DOT LOCATOR FOR USE and numeric passage indicator and terminator on the lines preceding and following this double number line?

This would alleviate need for individual numeric indicators at each digit, and save space on each line.

Doing this would end up saving space overall by avoiding run overs. The result might even be easier to decode.

Braillekey
    Participant

Hi Susan, thank for writing in and sending in this example. The TG Committee has come to an agreement that this image would be best represented as a tooled (spurred) tactile graphic instead of with braille cells. Furthermore, we would also advise using numeric indicators above and below the number line. Hope this helps.

Susan Baker
    Participant

Thank you, I should have mentioned that I am doing this in Nemeth embedded in UEB code.  I will use the Tiger software for the drawn lines, and will use the NI above and below the number lines.

Susan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.