Duxbury DBT codes

Home Forums Unified English Braille Technical Duxbury DBT codes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    smart_10357
    Participant

Hi,

I am transcribing an algebra book in UEB using Word Bana template. I watched your video on using Grade 1 indicators. I have been marking up my equations with dbt codes ts and te. For sets of exercises I have been typing in the use indicators and grade 1 indicators marked up in translate exactly. These are turning out very well. The technical notation start and end are not working out so well. Even though equations are marked up I do not get any grade 1 indicators. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a trick I am missing in Duxbury?

Thanks,

Susan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kdejute

Susan,

What a fun question about Duxbury. 🤓

I did notice something intriguing as I experimented with the first equation in your example under the heading "Recursive formula". If I added something that requires grade 1 mode close to the beginning of the symbols-sequence after the equals sign, then DBT will give us a grade 1 passage for the whole equation that you've enclosed in "ts" "te" codes (which give rise to the "math" character style). So, it looks like Duxbury's reasoning for using a grade 1 passage has something to do with how early on in the symbols-sequences grade 1 mode is called for.

So, I tricked DBT into thinking about that symbols-sequence after the equals as more than one symbols-sequence. (At least that's what I think I did.) I added a harmless code (xcs) after the r in the symbols-sequence "r, paren, a-sub-n-minus-one, paren"

Does that make sense?

I'm not sure that is a complete fix. Let's all keep tinkering with this.

–Kyle

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    smart_10357
    Participant

Thank you I thought maybe Duxbury was doing something like that! I never would have thought to use that code. My next chapter is polynomials so I will probably use it there.

Thanks again and yes I will keep tinkering with it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.