Editing print page numbers in a B2K file

Home Forums Computer-Assisted Transcription Editing print page numbers in a B2K file

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lindy Walton

Scenario 1: You have a 200-page book and realize the page numbering is off by one number, starting at print page 6! You need to insert page number 7 and then all further pages must change to be 8-to-201.

Using Braille2000, I can insert the missing print page number, and the file will self-correct all further print page numbers. This is achieved by choosing "correct all" in the dialog box that appears when you insert a page change indicator between two consecutive numbers that are already in the file.

**Does anyone know how to get B2K to SUBTRACT print page numbers? The second scenario is that you realize that there should *not be a page change indicator at page 6. In other words, pci 7 should be 6, pci 8 should be 7, etc. Is there an automatic way to have page numbers 7-to-200 change to be 6-to-199?

Thank you.
    Lindy Walton

Susan Farnsworth
    Participant

I was intrigued so I played around in B2K and found a method. Select all of the page numbers that need changing by highlighting the complete portion  (e.g., print page numbers 7 through 200). Go to Menu, Do, Page Numbering, select the Print Number tab, then click the Group Adjust button. You can enter in the adjustment desired: in your case, down by one or -1 (a message in red appears if page number conflicts will occur). There is a checkbox on whether to ignore conflicts. Finally, click Adjust to execute.  Obviously one way to do it, but hope you found an easier method.

Lindy Walton

Susan! Thank you so very much. It works very well, and your instructions are clear.

..Lindy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.