elements in a frame of a graphic novel

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook elements in a frame of a graphic novel

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rsherwood12
    Participant

Hello,
    I see that BF 14.11.1 says to treat a graphic novel as a play. I am wondering if text in a frame that has no speaker and is not part of the dialogue should be treated as a caption in 7-5, a scene setting in paragraphs, or perhaps as dialogue from the Narrator in 1-3. I have attached a sample page with the type of text I am asking about.

Are there more guidelines available for graphic novels than are provided in BF 2011?

Thanks for your help,
    Rebecca
    edited by rsherwood12 on 5/6/2013

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    joannavenneri
    Participant

This is actually pretty simple and I think everything needed for this is in Formats. No captions. This is a graphic novel. The print sample (THANK YOU) looks to me just like the sameple in Formats and text in the frames is treated as scene setting. There is no dialog. Nobody is there and nobody is talking! When you think it's necessary, you can add TN's to describe what is happening (or visible) in each frame that is not covered in the text already there in print.

I hope that helps with this page, at least. I think the best way to approach this particular work is for you to send any additional pages that come along that you want to question if you find there is not enough information in Formats to help you.

--Joanna

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.