end dot symbols

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science end dot symbols

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jocassidy
    Participant

Can you please tell me the braille symbols to use for open and/ closed dots marking the ends of a line graphed on a coordinate grid. I know the symbols used on a number line and found symbols for an arrow shaft, but no reference to a line (usually representing an inequality) on graph paper.
    Jo C.

dworthing
    Participant

I'm not sure what you are asking me. Graph lines should be tactile so no braille characters would be used. Are you showing the graph line as braille? If drawing a tactile line, you would have to designate symbols (not braille dots) as representing either an open dot or a closed dot if they are shown in print. Perhaps a picture would help me understand what you are asking?

dworthing
    Participant

I am asking if there are braille symbols to show open or closed circles at the ends of a tactile line drawn on APH low-relief graph paper. Do I use the braille symbols used on a number line (X for open and full cell for closed)? The line is drawn with a spur wheel and the end points are either puff paint or hi-dots and I would braille the open or closed symbol next to the marked end point. These are disposable worksheets for an Algebra 1 student.

jocassidy
    Participant

As far as I know, there is no way to provide the meaning of the tactile point with braille dots. I would suggest keying a different kind of tactile point for each meaning. If anyone is aware of a braille way to do this, please let us know. Dorothy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.