Final Music Theory Exam Questions

Home Forums Music Braille Final Music Theory Exam Questions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Robert Dietrich
    Participant

Hello Kathleen:

I am transcribing this exam in uncontracted braille. In such a case, I would not need to use grade 1 indicators, correct? Would I have to use the lowercase indicator (same symbol) at all? Also, would I have to use the literary sharp sign, for instance, to transcribe g# minor? I don't know how extensively to use code switching.

And finally, is there a better way to  transcribe Question 13 than this (see attached)?

I really appreciate all your help.

Robert

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kathleen

You wouldn't need to use Grade 1 indicators in literary context if you are in uncontracted braille - unless you are giving the name of a minor chord in music notation.  For example: a minor 6 chord in first inversion would be:

;VI#6

The lower case indicator is part of the music code symbol for the lower case roman numeral.

Yes - use the UEB sharp, flat, natural signs in literary context. If you are in music context, use the music symbol.

I think your transcription of question 13 looks fine. But I would use the special right hand sign that indicates intervals are to be read upward:

.>>

And put a blank line between parallels.

Hope that helps!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Kathleen.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.