Foldout maps

Home Forums Tactile Graphics Foldout maps

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

I am currently transcribing a literary test booklet (single-sided) and have several large maps that will need to be foldouts in braille. If the map has a key that is more than one page, the map should be on the left-hand page and the key on the following pages. If the map is a foldout, (with more than on key page) does it now foldout to the left?

dspence

The BANA TG Guidelines committee did not discuss the direction to which fold-out maps should unfold, i.e. open to the left or open to the right. If the map will take up both pages and the multiple page keys will follow on subsequent pages, I don't think it should matter whether the map folds out to the left or folds out to the right. It might make more logical sense to have the map unfold to the left because it is a single sided transcription but I can't find a "rule" to support that position. I've checked with the TG Guidelines and there is no suggested direction. It would be important to be consistent within the transcription. If you were going to have 3 fold-out maps, they should all unfold in the same direction.

Diane

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.