Footnote containing paragraphs

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Footnote containing paragraphs

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Hi,

I posted this in the Braille Formats section and got a good answer on how to handle this situation if my footnote contained only literary material. It was suggested I also post to the math forum to see if the Nemeth within the footnote is handled differently.

I have a footnote occurring at the bottom of a page containing paragraphs and displayed material (I will use the Nemeth code for the displayed material). At first, I started putting the entire footnote in 7-5 format. Then I realized the reader wouldn't be able to tell where the new paragraphs start and where the displayed material is if I did that. So I started the footnote in cell 7 but then used normal paragraphs in 3-1 format for the paragraphs within the footnote. I started the Nemeth displayed material in cell 3.
    I'll attach a copy of the footnote here. I wondered what would be the correct way to handle this situation with this footnote.
    Thanks for your help.

betty.marshall
    Participant

Each new paragraph in the footnote should begin in cell 7, with runovers in cell 5. The equation that is centered in print would be treated as displayed material in Nemeth.
    The entire passage should be transcribed in Nemeth, not just the displayed material (as indicated in your statement within parentheses). I assume that your attachment has been taken from a mathematics book.

Betty

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.