Format help

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    smart_10357
    Participant

I need help formatting. This is a picture from a Common Core Math book for a second grader. Right pointing arrows, down pointing arrows,  boxes. How do I show this to a 2nd grade student.

Thank you,

Susan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kdejute

"With a fair few tactile graphics" is likely the answer. For grades K-3, we really are encouraged to use tactile graphics instead of shape symbols (by both Guidelines and Standards for Tactile Graphics and Guidelines for the Transcription of Early Educational Materials).

Your example is no exception. We have to expect that the teacher will refer to the arrows, boxes, and circles. And it is reasonable to expect that the second-grade student will not be fluent in UEB arrow symbols, shape symbols, or symbols for physical enclosure (e.g., a circle with a minus inside it).

Perhaps something roughly like the transcription in the attached picture will work for you. Make sure your graphics (unlike the rough draft in the attached picture) follow Guidelines and Standards for Tactile Graphics best practices (i.e., correct arrowhead shape as well as texture of and spacing around lines).

Braille on!
    –Kyle

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    smart_10357
    Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.