Format question for Daily Devotional book

Home Forums English Braille American Edition Format question for Daily Devotional book

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Hi. I'm transcribing a daily devotional book: each day of the year is a page long in the print copy. The braille pages are usually about a page and a half, give or take a few lines. For the sake of brevity, I've chosen not to start each day on its own page. The days are continuous: one day starts right after the other. The publisher does not have a preference. They want it to be whatever is easiest for the braille reader. I just got certified, and don't have alot of experience in this sort of thing, so I'd like your opinion. What do you think the best way to address this would be? At the rate I'm going, I'm going to have 2 months per volume, so it'll end up being about 6 volumes. Would it be easier for a braille reader if I gave each day it's very own 2 pages, and started each day on a fresh page, or like I'm doing? Thanks. Sorry this is so long. I'm trying to be as clear as possible about my question. Susie

Anonymous
    Inactive

There isn't really a right or wrong way to do this.
    I don't believe one way would be any easier than another for a braille reader. It's just a matter of preference.
    Typically, books like this are used as sort of a calendar, turning the page for each new day. So I suppose my personal preference would be to begin each new day on a new braille page.
    I hope this helps.

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Thanks for your input!:)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘English Braille American Edition’ is closed to new topics and replies.