Formats 2011 1.5.3h

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Formats 2011 1.5.3h

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Julie Sumwalt
    Participant

Formats 2011 1.5.3h says: "The end of volume statement follows print indications of the end of a play, when a phrase such as “Curtain Falling” occurs as the last text in the volume." Surely this does not apply to plays only? Why are other types of text not included, such as what I've attached?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    joannavenneri
    Participant

I agree that this little h could have been a tad more clear, but it does say a phrase SUCH AS. It is a little unusual for print works other than plays to have an end of ... statement, but yours certainly does. I think it is included in this guideline and the end of volume statement should follow the print ending statement. Thank you for sending the print page so that we can see exactly what your print situation is. The only exception to this is the end of volume statement on the last page of a glossary (or index) because the guide words MUST be on line 25.

--Joanna

joannavenneri
    Participant

Thanks so much for your quick response. A further point of clarification, just to be sure: Suppose there is not enough room for a blank line between the print "end" statement and the braille END statement. Can the braille statement immediately follow the print one?

Julie Sumwalt
    Participant

Good question. Yes. No worries!

--Joanna

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.