French liaison of sound symbol

Home Forums Foreign Language French liaison of sound symbol

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jhqbraille
    Participant

Hello Experts:

Sought: Symbol for French liaison undertie.  It used to be dots 26, 35; but I can't find it in the current code. Symbol for forward slash overlay I found 4, 16.   Then, how to apply them in context correctly.

Trying to describe, but it is challenging because I cannot make the undertie or floating letters in print. I'm posting a picture, but these examples are just a few that are unique in the pic.

Example 1

avant-hier  ( t-hi are bold. The liaison undertie (not shown here) connects from before the t through hyphen, and rests in between h and i.)

Example 2
          z
    di<b>x ho</b>mmes (x ho are bold; the undertie (not shown here) connects from before the x, through the space and to the h; there is an italic z above the space bet x and h.

Example 3

mes̸ onze animaux (s onze are bold; there is a forward slash overlay on the s) Note: The forward slash is completely over the s. It doesn't look like it here.

Any help is appreciated.

Jill

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.