Front Matter/Table of Contents

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Front Matter/Table of Contents

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Cindy
    Participant

Please see attached...

Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    claurent

Sorry for the delay in responding...I wanted to check with the rest of the committee on this one.

Formats does not directly address the idea of what IS volume 1.  Formats says that volume 1 has the full brief contents and whichever part of the full contents applies to that volume.  If you consider the preliminary volume as your volume 1, then they would be there.  If you do not consider the preliminary volume, volume 1, they would be placed in volume 1.  One committee member brought up the point that the table of contents really isn't applicable (most of the time) until you get the to beginning of text...and the preliminary volume is usually the pre-matter - not the main body of text.  So the table of contents wouldn't really be useful there.

But again - it is your decision on what you consider volume 1.

Sorry I don't have a solid answer for this!  The committee was split.  I guess it's something we will have to look at adding to Formats - or clarifying.

Cindi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.