Gloss notes in foreign language table

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Gloss notes in foreign language table

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Christina Conroy
    Participant

Hi there,

I have a table that uses gloss notes on some of the French words. I could do the table as a stair step, listed or linear.  If I do it in stair step, there will be 4 levels. Should I treat the gloss notes as usual and have them in 7-5 margins in the line after they appear (which seems like it would screw up the table formatting), or should I treat them as notes to a table and have them appear before the table (this is what I'm leaning toward)?

I've also posted this in the foreign language discussion.

Thanks!

Christina

claurent

According to BF 16.8.2 you would put them in 7-5. I can see how this might be confusing to a reader - you could always separate them from the table by adding blank lines before and after the note (this would require a TN). Putting them before the table really isn't helpful either as it can be difficult to know exactly which note goes with which word (unless they are numbered/lettered?).

Cindi

Christina Conroy
    Participant

Thanks Cindi. They are just hollow dots, not numbered. I'll work them into the table the best way I can!

Christina

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.