Grade letters with plus minus and aprostrophe s

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Grade letters with plus minus and aprostrophe s

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    brlbyrussell
    Participant

Hi All, UEB with Nemeth.  Some grade letters have apostrophe s, some have plus or minus and apostrophe s.  The attached pictures show the original print and the braille I transcribed for it.  I couldn't find the Nemeth rule to cover this material so I am asking here what I need to do to correct my braille. ty

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kdejute

Thank you for the question, Russell.

The letter grades in your example DO NOT need English Letter indicators when they are immediately followed by a symbol of operation; the letter grades in your example DO need English Letter indicators when they are "single letters" (without a sign of operation). [See section 25 of the Nemeth Code.]

For each letter-operation-sign-apostrophe-s sequence, the punctuation indicator should precede the apostrophe and the sequence should be punctuated mathematically; for each letter-apostrophe-s sequence, no mathematical punctuation is necessary. See section 27.e of the Nemeth Code for some relevant examples. The attached image contains a suggested transcription for the portion of the text you asked about.

Thank you for your time and attention.
    –Kyle

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.