Grade one indicators in various materials

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Grade one indicators in various materials

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Amber Goodine
    Participant

Two questions:

#1 Braille Formats §13.9.3 Example 13-5 a dot locator for use with a grade one passage indicator is shown before the second transcribing of a poem with diagrammed scansion. This makes sense to me. However, samples 13-9 and 13-12 do not have a grade one passage indicator. Why is that? Is the TN explaining that the second instance is uncontracted enough?

#2 Sample 21-3 Glossary with diacritics uses grade one indicators where appropriate. Examples 20-23 and 20-24 with similar structure don’t show grade one indicators where I would think they should be (on ac standing alone) Is this an error?

claurent

I sincerely apologize for not answering this - we were having issues with the expert post and I did not see it.

The dot locator is required in Example 13-5 so that the x (which is a stress mark) is not read as a contraction.

Samples 13-9 and 13-12 don't have anything that could be misread. A dot locator is not required just because a passage is done in uncontracted braille.

Examples 20-23 and 20-24 are incorrect and are added to the proposed errata we are compiling.

Cindi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.