Graph for finding slopes

Home Forums Tactile Graphics Graph for finding slopes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jocassidy
    Participant

I have a graph with 15 points labeled A-P on it, involving all quadrants. There are 18 questions asking the student to find the slope of a line passing through pairs of points. I know there should not be more than 5-6 on a tactile graph. Is there any way other than 6 separate graphs to deal with this problem? I do all tactiles by hand, not on a computer.
    Thank you,
    Jo C.

betty.marshall
    Participant

I see I left out a word on my previous post. I know there should not be more than 5-6 points on tactile graph.
    Jo C.

jocassidy
    Participant

I don't understand your statement regarding the number of points (not more than 5-6 points) on a graph. When the Guideline and Standards states that you should not use more than 5 point symbols on a page (Section 3.2.2), it is referring to 5 different [u]types[/u] of point (solid circle, hollow circle, square, etc.) rather than the [u]number[/u] of points.
    For example, when you are finding a line of best fit, there are numerous points along the line.
    Perhaps I have misread your question. Would you please post a scan of the print illustration in order to clarify your question for me, and state a source for your information on 5-6 points?
    Thanks! I'd be happy to answer your question if I had more information.

Betty

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.