graphing calculator keystrokes

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science graphing calculator keystrokes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bama Braille
    Participant

Activity 1 Step 1. For Y1 = sin x, should the Y1 be a capital Y with dot 5 1 as in print? In Activity 2 Step 1 a lower case y with subscript 1 is used and this seems to be consistent with other graphing calculator activities. The narrative often shows both and I have been following the print. Just curious if there's a standard way to show it in Braille.
    Also in the KEYSTROKE examples, when the keystroke is Y= do you omit the space between Y and equal as in print?
    For KEYSTROKE X,T,(theta),n do you omit the spaces after the commas as in print?
    Thanks for your help

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    dworthing
    Participant

First, let me apologize for the delay in answering your questions. I actually took a vacation. My answers will be suggestions only (for the time being). BANA is in the process of finalizing a set of guidelines for graphing calculators.

Y1 = sin x Yes, capital y followed by dot 5 number 1 as in print. Boldface should be indicated in braille. As for the two different ways of expressing y sub 1, follow print.
    In the keystroke Y=, do not insert a space between the Y and the equal sign.
    In keystroke X,T,(theta),n insert a space following each comma.

Bama Braille
    Participant

Dorothy, you certainly deserve a vacation! Thanks for your reply. I will be looking forward to some guidelines

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.