Greek Letters

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Greek Letters

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

I am attaching a .pdf of the page that I have a question on. As you will see, the first line on the page is:

The linear speed v at which .....

My question:

Is the "v" a greek letter nu or is it just an english letter "v" shown in italics?

As you can see on the remainder of the page, Pi, Theta, Omega, etc. are used regularly and Omega, for example
    also looks somewhat like an english letter "w" shown in italics. However, within the context of the book, it actually stated
    in parentheses that the "w" stood for Omega.

At the bottom of the page there is a displayed v = s/t. The only reason I am not questioning the "s" and "t" is
    because there is nothing that looks like them in Greek.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me. 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

So sorry, forgot to attach .pdf with first post

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Thank you for this fine question. I have asked my favorite Physics teacher who says emphatically that this is an English letter "v" used in the physics of motion.
    Do not italicize these letters in braille.
    Please note that the lower-case Greek nu *is used to denote "frequency" in the physics of wavelengths.

Lindy Walton (answering for Dorothy)

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Thank you so much for the explanation, and please thank your "favorite Physics teacher" for me too.
    Patty

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.