half notes denoted with asterisks

Home Forums Music Braille half notes denoted with asterisks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Robert Dietrich
    Participant

Hello Kathleen :

In M2 of the solo part are the half notes with asterisks just another form of X-shaped note head for a half note? They only seem to occur in measures where there is a standard half note.

The book I am working on is for guitar, and I have never seen that type of notation before. The transcription is facsimile copy for a blind teacher. Do I have to use some other symbol for the strange notehead or can I use the X-shaped note head.

Also, I know I have to include clef marks in the facsimile copy, but do I have to introduce the treble clef with small 8 below in every parallel? or can I do it only once, like a time signature?

Thanks,

Robert

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kathleen

Is there a preface to the edition that explains the symbol? I’ve never seen it before -

if you choose to use a special note head symbol, be sure it’s not one that you’re using anywhere else.
    As far as the tenor clef symbol, I would treat it the same as the treble clef and add it in where you add in the other clefs.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.