Headings

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Headings

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Melissa Caldwell
    Participant

Hello!

I am working on a Math book but it is the format of the headings that this question is concerned with. Do you add "page 1 of 5" "page 2 of 5" and so on with a heading or is it omitted? For example: Number Corner Checkup 1 page 1 of 5. Is this addressed in BANA and where can I find the information?

Thanks!

claurent

This is not specifically addressed in Braille Formats. Some would say that "if it is in print, it should be in braille". If you feel strongly that information should be included, I would suggest putting a TN on the first page saying Number Corner Check up [TN] 5 total pages [TN].  Or if there is actually a heading on EACH of the 5 pages that this information could be placed with, just include it. If the headings don't repeat on pages 2-5 and the only that that repeats is the page 2 of 5 stuff, I would not interrupt the text to include that. But since there are no rules, my main suggestion is "choose a format and then be consistent".

Cindi

Melissa Caldwell
    Participant

Thank you for your help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.