Help with stringy sentences

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Help with stringy sentences

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Susan Baker
    Participant

Hi,
    Please see the attached document where I have the portion starred. When transcribing the example, there is more marks than just simple additions and deletions. There is a capitalization. Do I apply rule 14 section 6c3, even though there are no transposition marks (this rule basically says to present material as it appears and then how it would appear after the corrections are made, with a TN to explain), or is there a better way to present this? Any help is much appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Susan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    joannavenneri
    Participant

I think it would be helpful in this case to know more about this exercise. You have included only the exxample. What about the rest of the exercise items? Do they also have proofreading marks? It looks like the purpose of this exercise is for the student to apply proofreading marks to sentences or not, depending on whether they are identified as correct. Is there a list of proofreading marks given in the adjacent text? Consider what it says in Section 6c--Proofreading marks are of no practical value to the braille reader. If the purpose of this exercise is only to identify incorrect sentences and to correct them, braille readers will not be doing that by applying proofreading marks. Therefore, it might be appropriate simply to give this example in corrected and uncorrected even though there are no transpositions. You'll have to decide based on the surrounding text, which was not included.

--Joanna

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.