Hexidecimal number with colons

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Hexidecimal number with colons

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    braillebud
    Participant

I have this IPv6 address format (see below) to deal with in my transcription. They are hexadecimal number fields separated by colons. I've attached an explanation that I found on the internet for clarity. I also did a test in simbraille at the bottom of the attachment of the highlighted IPv6 address. (For some reason, simbraille doesn't seem to work for me in this forum.) Can you please tell me if I'm on the right track? The fact that there are both uppercase and lowercase letters seems to be insignificant so I will mention the issue in a TN but transcribe them all as lowercase.

2001:db8:130F::9C0:876A:130B
    <pre></pre>

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Lindy Walton

Hi Laurie. This project has returned to haunt us, I see. Back in December we decided to switch to Nemeth Code for the IP addresses because they are being used in math context with the equals sign. Your transcription of 2001:db8:130F::9C0:876A:130B looks good to me. It's hard to see all those punctuation indicators and numeric indicators when one of the highlights of the Nemeth Code is its compactness, but I see no other way around this. Good job.

Lindy

braillebud
    Participant

So you remembered this project. It's been a thrill a minute. 🙂  Fortunately these addresses don't come up very often. Thanks Lindy.

Laurie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.