How to categorize material in a test

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook How to categorize material in a test

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Susan Baker
    Participant

Good morning,

I have a math test to transcribe, UEB with Nemeth, but I am not sure what the highlighted portion's format would be. I am grateful for any suggestions you could give me.

Susan

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Susan Baker.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Lindy Walton

Hi Susan.

I'm having trouble seeing what the highlighted portion says (the image is blurry when I enlarge it), but I *think those number/letter combinations are state standards citations. This is not math, so use UEB rules to transcribe them, just as you will for the titles and labels.

If I'm not understanding your question, please send a scan using higher resolution. Thank you.

Lindy

Susan Baker
    Participant

I rescanned it and hopefully it is more clear now.  Thank you for your patience.  I agree, it is state standards notations.  I will transcribe in UEB, but how would you format these?  Displayed material margins? And would you include or omit the "Score:"? I am asking just because it seems to be extraneous material that the sighted student would just skip over quickly, but the braille reader has to take the time to read through. Thank you for your insight.

Susan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Lindy Walton

We have different considerations when transcribing tests. I expect you cannot omit any of this material. I am going to forward your question to a Formats expert and ask that the answer be posted here.

claurent

I agree that they are state standard citations.

My suggestion for formatting:

Read and follow ...: regular 3-1 paragraph

Blank line

DEVELOPING A CH 1: Cell 5 heading

D1: Angle ...: 1-3 listed item

Score: 1-3 listed item

Blank line

LEVEL 2

Cindi

Susan Baker
    Participant

Thank you. Your advice is much appreciated.

Susan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.