How to insert ASCII braille symbol into RTF

Home Forums Computer-Assisted Transcription How to insert ASCII braille symbol into RTF

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lealisa Stefl
    Participant

I'm a newer braille transcriptionist and I'm not familiar with everything.  I just watched the "Auto-Generating Special Symbols Page in Braille 2000"  Part 1 and 2 in the webinars.  I was following along and did not understand how to insert an ASCII braille symbol into the RTF file.  I have the RTF opened in my Word program.  How do I access and insert these codes?

Thank you so much!

Melissa Klepper

The NBA Website has a downloadable ASCII keyboard doc that you can use to enter ASCII in braille translation software. You may download it at https://www.nationalbraille.org/resources/

For your convenience, I have attached it to this response.

When auto-generating the Special Symbols page in Braille 2000V2, you will need to open the Special Symbols Template. To find the template for Braille 2000, Go to:

• Local Disk C
    • Program Files
    • Brl2000
    • Brl2000B

Scroll through the list of program files and find the RTF file titled: UEB Special Symbols. This template may be saved to your computer and customized to your specifications and needs.

Please let me know if this answers your question.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.