How to put hard page breaks

Home Forums Computer-Assisted Transcription How to put hard page breaks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

I am having a problem putting a hard page break in Braille 2000 text. I can put the break on one page and the next page is pushed halfway down the page. I can bring the page up to line 3 but when I put it on line 2, it completely erases the page break and moves the text to the previoul page. How can this be prevented.

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Hi,

The braille page break function in Braille2000 can be tricky to use until you get used to it. It is much easier to show than to explain. Please post your .abt file here WITHOUT the page breaks you are trying to insert. Please describe exactly where you want the page break(s) to be. I can then send you a step-by-step to get the breaks feature to behave the way you want it to.

--Joanna

Fred Van Ackeren
    Participant

Hi Chriss, Joanna,

My problem is the opposite of the above.

A page break fill shows up and no matter what setting I apply to remove it, its still there or moves with text. I put that part to a new file and attached. Sometimes these show up between 2 lines of text but I found that by going to the beginning of the line of text below and hitting return will eliminate them, but not when the fill extends to line 25.

Is it possible that these breaks are imported when copying and pasting from text files (Word or pdf)?
    thanks, Fred

Anna

Fred-

I think I understand what you're describing: something that acts like a page break but there's no page break command there to remove.  I would check the formatting on the paragraphs above and below.  It may just be that "keep together / keep with next" is checked for no reason.  This has happened for me and I can't explain why it happens but the fix is easy.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.