information within pyramid

Home Forums Tactile Graphics information within pyramid

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Susan Baker
    Participant

Hello!
    I have a pyramid, see attached, with some text within it. I looked within the BANA tactile guidelines book and had some difficulty finding whether I place the braille text within the pyramid, for example, similar to how it is in print, or, if like a pie chart, do I place the braille text outside of the pyramid? Any suggestions would be appreciated, and also, if there is something within the TG Guidelines I am missing that addresses this, could you let me know where that is?
    Thanks!
    Susan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    dspence

Hi Susan,
    My opinion would be to place the text within the energy pyramid diagram as shown in print. The objective of this exercise is to readily see the proportional size of each triangle one compared to the other. The perimeter of the triangle allows you to do this and therefore the text within each section does not interfer with the student's ability to recognize the size of each piece. In pie charts or spinners, the labels are on the outside so that the student can clearly see how the circle is divided.
    Diane

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.