Inserting Punctuation in a Numbered List

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Inserting Punctuation in a Numbered List

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Emory Russo
    Participant

I have a question regarding formatting a numbered list - recently I was reviewing a UEB in Nemeth math test, and I noticed that there was no punctuation between the numbers and the list material. This technically matched print, where the numbers were inside a colored circle that distinguished them from the text (see attachment for the visual). The result was that the braille read "1 What is 5/6 multiplied by 7/8?" instead of something like "1. What is 5/6 multiplied by 7/8?" I thought I remembered reading somewhere in Formats or perhaps Rules that you're supposed to insert punctuation after a list number if none is present in print, just to avoid confusion. However, I couldn't find a rule to that effect in either codebook. Does anyone know if a rule like that exists? Or am I misremembering?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    claurent

There is no rule about this...but many of the transcribers I know DO insert the punctuation. Any change to print requires a TN on the TN page so something like: In print, exercise numbers are enclosed in circles. In braille, the circles are ignored and the numbers are followed by a period.

Cindi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.