Intro to Braille Mathematics question

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Intro to Braille Mathematics question

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Hello,
    I have a question about blocked text. I was told that we cannot have blocked text in nemeth, but in Lesson 7 on page 121 (2) the unitemized text is blocked in 1-1. I would think it would start in cell 3 and runnover in 1. (I understand that the runover should be in 1-1, but not the beginning)

Also I don't understand why the change (in the addendum) of format in example (3) on pg 121. It doesn't make sense to break up the sentence and start it all in cell 3 and then divide the sentences at the end and start on seperate lines starting in cell 1.
    Any help with understanding this would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Tin

Lindy Walton

Your questions are important; thank you for posting them.

In the Nemeth instruction manual, you can assume that "blocked" examples are taken from the middle of a paragraph. You will notice that other examples in this section illustrate new paragraphs both in the print example and the simbraille transcription.

In example (3), if the expressions were embedded you are correct that it would not make sense to begin a new line with each expression. In this case, however, the expressions are displayed. Each displayed expression begins in the primary display cell, cell 3.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.